This candle scent is based off of the first glimpse readers get of Charlus Potter in 'Young Miss Learns Fast,' chapter 17 of ShayaLonnie's amazing fanfiction, The Debt of Time.
Dumbledore stood beside a couple who—though certainly older than Hermione's parents—were nowhere near as old as the headmaster himself. Both appeared to be in their early fifties, though there was a youthful twinkle in the man's hazel eyes. He had familiar salt and pepper hair that appeared to almost stand on end despite it thinning along his hairline.
The woman who had spoken bore an uncanny resemblance to Andromeda Tonks, all but the colour of her hair—dark auburn instead of brown. She smiled brightly, her grey stare and aristocratic features only enhanced by good humour and perhaps a little mischief in her eyes. She had a softness to her that reminded Hermione of Mrs Weasley.
"It's beautiful." Hermione smiled gratefully. "Thank you, for . . . for allowing me into your home."
"It's your home now too, dear. I've been in dire need of another woman around the house." The witch smoothed her hair before clasping her hands eagerly in front of herself. She laughed sweetly when her husband winked at her. "I'm desperate to escape the foolishness of youthful boys and old men who absolutely refuse to grow up."
"My wife exaggerates," the wizard said. "She loves it. Keeps her on her toes."
The witch extended her hand. "Dorea Potter."
The wizard grinned down at Hermione. "Charlus."
Tips for getting the most out of your candle:
- Allow it to burn for at least a few hours the first time you light it. This creates a large enough melt pool to ensure your new candle burns evenly.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times
- Keep your eyes on it. Never put your candle near anything that could catch on fire.
- Burn your candle in a safe, sturdy spot that's free from drafts, somewhere it can't be knocked over by anyone or anything.
The Finer Details:
Suncrossed Sundries candles are handmade and hand poured by us. Variations in color are completely normal, and to be expected. Enjoy their uniqueness!
- Frosting and spotting may occur due to temperature changes while your candle is in transit. Unfortunately, since we can't control the weather, we're not able to replace candles that have frosting or spotting. You can read more about our various jar sizes, candle burn times, and more in our FAQ.
This is a warm comforting hug from a man you love.
The prettiest color of all!!! All of the scents come together to have a slightly lemon mint musk that is entirely too comforting more than sexy like the other men. I can almost feel my dad’s arms wrapping around me when I burn this and all I want to do is curl up in his lap and be comforted by this scent.
So Charlus is a super sexy and clean scent! I've enjoyed it everytime I have lit it,
Everything about my shopping experience was exceptional. The website is informative and easy to navigate. The quality of the products is great. The candles themselves (I got the wood wicks) make me feel happy and calm and connected to all of my other nerd friends out there. I cannot wait to buy more!