This candle scent is based on the amazing whirlwind of energy known as Lily Potter. In ShayaLonnie's fanfiction The Debt of Time readers get to see Lily in a way that makes her story so much more impactful. Rin thinks Shaya's Lily is one of the best canon-compliant versions of her that they've ever seen in fanfiction.
James looked at her hand and sucked in a sharp breath. "Evans. Is that . . . an engagement ring?"
Everyone turned and stared at Lily, shocked. It was not completely uncommon for witches to be betrothed so early, at least among old-fashioned pureblood families, but everyone knew Lily was a Muggle-born.
"What?" Lily held up her hand in obvious shock and rolled her eyes at James. "This is a mood ring, you dolt. My parents bought it for me this summer." At his continued look of utter non-comprehension, she shook her head. "It's a Muggle thing."
Mia laughed at her brother when he sighed in loud relief.
"How do Muggles make rings that tell your mood?" James asked. "That sounds like magic."
"It's not magic," Mia answered. "There are crystals in the ring that react to changing temperatures thus altering the colour of the ring." When she turned to see James—and several others—staring at her perplexed, she rolled her eyes. "Oh Jamie, honestly, read a book!"
"So what's your mood right now, Evans?" James grinned, staring at the ring on her finger.
"Annoyed," Lily answered immediately and turned away from him, putting her focus back on her cauldron.
Tips for getting the most out of your candle:
- Allow it to burn for at least a few hours the first time you light it. This creates a large enough melt pool to ensure your new candle burns evenly.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times
- Keep your eyes on it. Never put your candle near anything that could catch on fire.
- Burn your candle in a safe, sturdy spot that's free from drafts, somewhere it can't be knocked over by anyone or anything.
The Finer Details:
Suncrossed Sundries candles are handmade and hand poured by us. Variations in color are completely normal, and to be expected. Enjoy their uniqueness!
- Frosting and spotting may occur due to temperature changes while your candle is in transit. Unfortunately, since we can't control the weather, we're not able to replace candles that have frosting or spotting. You can read more about our various jar sizes, candle burn times, and more in our FAQ.
Strawberries, florals, fresh linen, and citrus come together to be overwhelmingly floral. This is one of the stronger scents, but that’s fantastic if you love a slightly fruity floral candle. I love the aroma. I can just imagine being tutored on my homework on the shores of the Black Lake as the heather sways around me. It was a tad too strong for my taste, but my roommate LOVES it!!!