- Simply put, soy wax is amazing. We use 100% USA grown, vegan, all natural soy wax. Since we're shipping from somewhere scorchingly hot and humid [Louisiana! #GeauxTigers], we use a soy wax blend that's formulate to withstand transit in higher temperatures, too.
- We don't use paraffin because it's derived from petroleum (aka gasoline), and that's just...No thanks.
- It's important to us that we also used a wax that is a renewable resource. Soy wax is a sustainable crop, and our glass jars are also recyclable. Soy wax is also water soluble, meaning if you do happen to spill it--It cleans up easily with soap and water. Awesome!
- Soy has a lower melting point than paraffin, which means that you'll get many more hours of enjoyment out of your candles.
- Yes. Our soy wax is vegan, and sustainably grown in the USA.
- Our fragrance oils are all vegan
- We do not, nor will we ever test on animals. We have two wonderful pets who are our family! We do not support companies who test on animals.
Why does my candle look a bit funky?
- If you notice what looks to be a gap between your candle and the glass of its jar, or white speckles on the edge of a candle, that's what's known as 'frosting.' It's a 100% normal characteristic of soy wax, and is actually a positive sign--It means that your candle was made from 100% soy wax, and not from soy wax that may have been mixed with another wax type.
- Frosting usually occurs when a candle has experienced extreme temperature changes such as those that occur during transit, and is usually mostly visible on darker colored wax.
- We will always do our best not to send out candles with frosting or spotting, though we can't control the weather, or what happens in transit. As a result, we aren't able to replace candles that may have frosted while in transit. Please consider frosting a unique gift of being handmade with 100% soy wax!
- Frosting and spotting in no way effects how your candle burns or smells!
How long will it take for my order to ship?
- Your order will be shipped within 7-14 business days. Please allow for extra time during the holidays. [We define 'holidays' as the time period between November--January]
Can I rush my order?
- Absolutely! Please select "express/priority shipping" at checkout. Your order will ship the same or next business day and will reach you in 1-3 days.
Do you provide tracking information?
- Yes! Your tracking information will be emailed to you as your order ships.
- We only allow one discount/promo code per order–so if you’re trying to use more than one at checkout, that won't work! (As an example, you can't use both a 10% off bundle code and a 20% discount on one order.) With few exceptions (and trust us, we’ll tell you if there’s an exception!) our discount codes can only be used once per customer, so if you’ve already placed one order and used the discount code, that will be why it’s not working a second time.
What is the proper burning method for Starcrossed Sundries Candles?
- We’ve found that the best burn time for our candles is in 3-4 hour increments for our 8 ounce cauldrons, and 2.5-3 hours for our 4 ounce hexagon jars.
- Be sure to trim your wick to 1/4” each time you light your candle. Make sure that the melt pool reaches the edges of the candle before blowing it out or snuffing it, otherwise your candle won’t burn evenly the next time you light it.
- Keep the candle away from children, pets, and any drafts.
- Please be careful when you touch the candles while they’re lit - they get hot!
How long will your candles burn for?
- Our 4 ounce hexagon jars should burn for 25-30 hours
- Our 8 ounce cauldron jars should burn for 40-45 hours
How fragrant are your candles?
- Starcrossed Sundries candles use nearly the maximum fragrance oil amount allowed in soy wax. Why ‘nearly?’ Simple. We’ve been to the big box stores where you’re overwhelmed by the fragrance in some scented candles. So we tried to tone it down a bit.
- We find that an 8 ounce candle can fill a room up to 400 square feet, but they are best used in dining rooms, kitchens, or bedrooms—Somewhere not as open and drafty. Our 4 ounce candles are great for small bathrooms, offices, and entryways.